Long Island Home School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Web address to the rules
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 pm by Brian

» Instructions From the OOTM Adults
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:43 pm by Brian

» IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT THING-EY!
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 pm by Shneakay

» OFFICIAL OotM rambling thread.
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:28 pm by Shneakay

» DA FIRST POST
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:12 pm by Shneakay

» Anybody need a toga?
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 10:13 am by Brian

» Your first subject
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:28 am by Shneakay

» We must prevail!!
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:27 am by Shneakay

» 2009 2010 Problems
DA FIRST POST - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:25 am by Shneakay

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:39 am

DA FIRST POST

+2
Admin
Brian
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

DA FIRST POST - Page 4 Empty Re: DA FIRST POST

Post  Admin Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey GuysI know this is kinda random, but I am writing a paper for english and it has to be about My future goals or Things i've learned from my fav books here are my intro paras for both which one do you thing is better???

Another Excuse

Hundreds of books have crossed my bookshelf. Each one giving back a small lesson, yet only a handful of books have I read, reread and then read again to the point of near memorization. These superb works of literature are, When You Reach Me, Dealing with Dragons and the entire Sarah Plain and Tall Collection. Each one has made me laugh, cry and smile every time I open the cover. So many lessons are inscribed in the pages of these books. I run towards this paper with open arms, as it will hand me yet another excuse to reread my favorite books.

To Be or What Else To Be

Over the years I have developed a habit of obsessing over new things. For example, I saw a TV show about cake decorating, soon after I began watching it every night. The same goes for my possible future professions. Each time I see something someone does, I want to do it as well. I have wanted to become everything from a cop to a supermodel. Recently I have narrowed it to a few choices, Chef, Food Stylist, Interior Designer, Actress, Ballroom Dancer or Writer, maybe few was not the right word. Although some of these jobs come more naturally to me than others, they are all possibilities for my future.

Admin

https://lihs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pepsi cola Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:01 pm

deleted

Last edited by trainwatcher101 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
pepsi cola
pepsi cola

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:14 am

Um.. Peter your really not helping!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 pm

i just finished my essay, what do you think?

Near Memorization

Hundreds of books have crossed my bookshelf, each one giving back a small lesson. Yet only a handful of books have I read, reread and then read again to the point of near memorization. These superb works of literature are, When You Reach Me, Dealing with Dragons and the entire Sarah Plain and Tall Collection. Each of these has made me laugh, cry and smile every time I open the cover. So many lessons are inscribed in the pages of these books, making them even better. I run towards this paper with open arms, as it will hand me yet another excuse to reread my favorite books.

When You Reach Me is the inspiring tale of Miranda, a young girl living in New York City in the 90’s. Although it sounds typical the story takes some amazing turns that give you reading whiplash. Throughout the story Miranda learns about sacrifice, love, passion and most of all life. When you finally hit the last page you have had some intense lessons thrust into you. Make your life count, don’t judge people by their actions, sometimes the person you think you know best you don’t know at all, you need to have trust in order to accept change; just begin to describe some of the wonderful morals in the book. As you can see this book has more than just a wonderful plot. I generally qualify a good book as one that teaches the reader something about themselves and others. This is a great book.

Dealing With Dragons could easily classify as a great book as well. The story of the tomboy princess, Cimorene, and her misfit friends. Although more fantasy than When You Reach Me, Dealing with Dragons overflows with life lessons. Such as: do not trust in stereotypes, do not fear stepping outside the box, fate will unfold whether or not you want it to. Whether you read this in modern day or in the Middle Ages (when this book takes place) these and other morals apply. Each time I read this book it re-astounds me. Though the plot is not incredibly complicated the overall moral is miraculous. No one can define you but you and no one can determine your life for you.

Life, a main topic in Sarah Plain and Tall; the story of The Wittings, a small family living in Kansas during the late 1800’s. Throughout the series both miracle and tragedy befall this humble family. The character’s unspoken strength infects the reader, life a wonderful disease. As the reader journeys along with the Witting’s they learn: of the infinity of love, the acceptance of wrongdoing, and the passion of family. As I delve into the depths of this book I wish to become more like them; More humble, more loving, more wonderful. I have often heard it said that love is one of the strongest forces in the universe, this book is a wonderful example of this phrase.

The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it. ~James Bryce. So true, as I said before a good book can tell you something about yourself. Books will always have lessons to share with us no matter when or where they are read. Carrying us away and teaching us through experience makes books unlike anything else. Enjoy them. Every book has lessons to teach, now the baton has been passed, go to your library and envelope yourself in a book

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:36 am

here is the edited version

Hundreds of books have crossed my bookshelf, each one giving back a small lesson. Yet only a handful of books have I read, reread and then read again to the point of near memorization. These superb works of literature are, When You Reach Me, Dealing with Dragons and the entire Sarah Plain and Tall Collection. Each of these has made me laugh, cry and smile every time I have opened the cover. So many lessons are inscribed in the pages of these books, making them even more enjoyable. I run towards this paper with open arms, as it will hand me yet another excuse to reread my favorite books.

When You Reach Me is the inspiring tale of Miranda, a young girl living in New York City in the 1990’s. Although it sounds typical the story takes some amazing turns that give you reading whiplash. Throughout the story Miranda learns about sacrifice, love, passion and most of all, life. When you finally hit the last page you have had some intense lessons thrust into you. Make your life count, do not judge people’s actions quickly, sometimes the person you think you know best you do not know at all, you need to have trust in order to accept change; just begin to describe some of the wonderful morals in the book. As you can see When You Reach Me has more than just a breathtaking plot. I generally qualify a good book as one that teaches the reader something about themselves and others. This is a great book.

Dealing With Dragons could easily classify as a great book as well. When the tomboy princess, Cimorene, and her misfit friends stumble across and evil plot, it becomes up to them to save the day. Although more fantasy than When You Reach Me, Dealing with Dragons overflows with life lessons. Such as: do not trust in stereotypes, do not fear stepping outside the box, and fate will unfold whether or not you want it to. Whether you read this in modern day or in the Middle Ages (when this book takes place) these and other morals apply. Every time I read this book it re-astounds me. Though the plot is not incredibly complicated the overall moral is miraculous. No one can define you but you and no one can determine your life for you.

Life also becomes a main topic in Sarah Plain and Tall; the story of The Wittings, a small family living in Kansas during the late 1800’s. Throughout the series both miracle and tragedy befall this humble family. The character’s unspoken strength infects the reader, like a pleasant disease. As the reader journeys along with the Witting’s they learn: of the infinity of love, the acceptance of wrongdoing, and the passion of family. As I delve into the depths of this book I wish to become more like them; more humble, more loving, more wonderful. I have often heard it said that love is one of the strongest forces in the universe; this book is a perfect example of this phrase.

“The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.” ~James Bryce. So true, as I said before a good book can tell you something about yourself. Books will always have lessons to share with us no matter when or where they are read. Carrying us away and teaching us through experience makes books unlike anything else. Enjoy them. Every book has lessons to teach, now the baton has been passed, go to your library and envelope yourself in a book

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:41 pm

You are such a good writer Anna! I'm really jealous. Shocked I just realized my favourite emoticon is gone! NOOoOOOOOOOOooOOOoOoOoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Sad It was so young.... See you at... later! cyclops Edit: Just so you know, titles of books and poems are written in Italic. tongue

Last edited by Shneakay on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My tragedy made me forget something.)
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:54 pm

ok, livi thanks for the comments, i'll talk with Emi l8r and I deleted your fav emotican MWHAHAHAHAHA

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:57 pm

EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... This could go on forever, just imagine it does. Twisted Evil = you Anna.
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Where is the form for admin abuse confused
Patrick
Patrick

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, what the ice cube said. Mad
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:29 am

fine fine with a sprinkle of my magic fairy dust I have turned you all back to the way you were

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Fairy Dust? Shocked Since when do you get fairy dust!?!?!? My favourite emoticon still isn't there, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOoooOOo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  pepsi cola Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:32 pm

How did I get an email saying my account was remover when I can still post confused ?
pepsi cola
pepsi cola

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:48 pm

yeah Peter

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 pm

That made absolutely no sense Anna. What are you talking about???
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:22 pm

See y'all soon! Shocked Wow, the week went bye REALLY fast. affraid
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 am

Hello? confused pale
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Jeeze, 7 pages. They grow up so fast... Sad cu tuesday!
Brian
Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:35 pm

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH this is anna while im in time out i am a sneaky tre !!!!! afro that was the closest thing to a tree
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummm, you do that Anna, you do that. *Backs away slowly*
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 pm

sorry, idk y i rote that, i was really hyper. anywhoo iwsyilafh kk?
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Shneakay Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Say what?javascript:emoticonp('confused')
Shneakay
Shneakay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum